Cisco IOS Firewall

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit@icarus.weber.edu
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 20:45:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, NetSurfer wrote:

> Does anyone on this list either use or has used/evaluated the Cisco IOS
> Firewall release and what is your opinion of the same?

Just in case somebody else asks this, I can't remember whether it
was here, or over in firewalls which has moved from greatcirle.com
to lists.gnac.net, but the answer was that he liked it, but advised
that unless you are very familiar with Cisco's access lists that
you would be better off with another firewall like FW-1. He did seem
pleased with it, but he had it less than a few weeks.

HHH