Uni

Bob Acosta acostar@allied-chas.com
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:16:08 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01BE073C.E1DC5CA0

Yes, but I strongly discourage the use of mirc.  This application is a =
hackers playground.

If that is the only TCP port, which I believe it is not, then you must =
create a plug gateway on TIS Gauntlet or generic passer on a Raptor =
Eagle.

You did not identify the type of firewall, and or the version of =
software.  Is it FWTK, TIS Gauntlet 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 etc... or =
is it some other brand of firewall.

The plug gateway should be created to listen on the appropriate port =
number and permit source to destination, if it is not a generic TCP plug =
gateway that allows any internal to any external.

If I were the firewall sys-admin, I would rrecommend against any IRC =
application.  Refer to http://www.tis.com/support
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Allan Whittaker <apw1@ukc.ac.uk>
    To: firewall-wizards@nfr.net <firewall-wizards@nfr.net>
    Date: Monday, November 02, 1998 11:22 PM
    Subject: Uni
   =20
    I'm at uni and there is a firewall which stops most ports.

    Anyone know of a way to get progs like mirc working which goes =
through port 6667 which is stopped.

    I get lonely.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Many thanks.

    Allan.

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01BE073C.E1DC5CA0

Yes, but I strongly discourage the = use of=20 mirc.  This application is a hackers playground.

If that is the only TCP port, which I believe it is = not, then=20 you must create a plug gateway on TIS Gauntlet or generic passer on a = Raptor=20 Eagle.

You did not identify the type of firewall, and or = the version=20 of software.  Is it FWTK, TIS Gauntlet 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 = etc... or=20 is it some other brand of firewall.

The plug gateway should be created to listen on the=20 appropriate port number and permit source to destination, if it is not a = generic=20 TCP plug gateway that allows any internal to any external.

If I were the firewall sys-admin, I would rrecommend = against=20 any IRC application.  Refer to = http://www.tis.com/support
-----Original = Message-----