[fw-wiz] Firewall configuration questions.

R. DuFresne dufresne@sysinfo.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:35:03 -0400 (EDT)

It i not the safest thing, but there are times the needs outweight the

Ron DuFresne

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, John Morey wrote:

> 1) Is  possible, using Linux, to setup a firewall such that it has public IP addresses on both
> sides.  I thought I read something about this some time back but I can not find it now.  If I
> remember correctly the trick had to do with putting both network interfaces on the same network
> but giving the external interface a network mask of and the internal interface
> a network mask of
> 2) If the above is possible, is it advisable?  What are the up and downs as apposed to doing it
> the "normal" way where the internal machines have private IP addresses?
> Thanks for any help or info,
> John Morey
> jmorey@mmintl.com

        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!