[fw-wiz] Webshield HA Question

Ken Swick kswick@enteract.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:30:44 -0500 (CDT)

I have two Webshield 300 boxes that I am looking to implement in a High
Availability configuration.

The problem is, the inactive Webshield will only take over if the primary
fails completely, as in power failure.

I however, would like to see this occur on something a little less
dramatic such as the loss of a interface. This is currently not supported.

I know, I cannot be the only person who wants this sort of
functionality. If a patch cable is ripped out or the nic dies, it doesn't
give me much comfort knowing that it will fail over when only something
catastrophic occurs.

Has anyone found a way to overcome this issue?

I'm looking for any ideas at this point.

Thanks,
Ken Swick
Security Engineer
Chicago Tribune, TIS