[fw-wiz] Leader in firewall product

miko@client-server.co.at miko@client-server.co.at
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:05:41 +0200

We can recommand:

Sidewinder  (www.securecomputing.com) Application-Level Gateway BSD-based,=

running on most strong Intel Hardware, no limit of NIC=B4s, good VPN, very=
 flexible for
bigger solutions

BorderWare (www.borderware.com) Application Level Gateway, running on ever=
y Intel-
PC, supporting three LAN=B4s, included Servers are: FTP, DNS, WWW, MAIL-Se=
rver
very secure (no hacked in several years) and absolutely simple to support =
but not very
flexible - excellent for medium solutions from 50 to 500 Users

Watchguard (www.watchguard.com) Type: IP-filter, HW-Appliance ready to go =
(in red
color) with direct-support - very cheap, for small solutions

Netscreen (www.netscreen.com) IP-filter, HW-Appliance (very fast!!!, softw=
are is
running on asics only), direct support and Reseller-Support - all kinds of=
 solutions

Elron (www.elronsw.com) - we haven=B4t own experiance but heard very fine =
things about

Greetings