[fw-wiz] Good Router/Firewall Combo

Tony Miedaner amiedane@appliedtheory.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:55:53 -0400

Depends how you define stateful.

Is a portmap stateful?
Is a NAT table stateful?

I think the point here is that you really can't call this a firewall and
feel good about it.  If you wanna allow do some services that open return
data connections does that mean you need to allow everything above 1024
using a static filter?

Also depends on how you define firewall but that one is for greater minds.
To me a pair of dykes makes a great firewall.