[fw-wiz] Firewall scaling

K K kkadow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:54:41 EDT 2007

I say you need two, as a failover cluster.

On 6/23/07, Sami Ghourabi <sami.ghourabi at online-netsecurity.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to convince management that a firewall that supports 32000
> concurrent sessions is enough for an organization that has a single WAN
> internet link, and about 60-100 users, but I'm lacking arguments.

I've not heard of a commercial firewall which only supports 32K
concurrent sessions, is this some sort of weird limited license cap
imposed by the vendor?

Ancient OpenBSD 'pf' running on a i386 with 128MB was able to do
upwards of 50,000 states back in the v3.6 days.

Kevin